We have a few drawers that don't work properly, can they be fixed or replaced?
Absolutely! Whether it is one drawer or all the drawers in your kitchen, we can get them all in working order. The new drawer boxes will include brand new 100% extension, ball-bearing slides. The best part about replacing the drawer box is that your new drawers will come standard with a "soft-close" feature that will close your drawers softly and quietly every time.
How long does it take to reface a common-sized kitchen?
On average it only takes about 3 days. Some jobs, like bathroom vanities, can be completed in as little as four hours!
We would like to replace our contertop. How does that affect refacing the cabinetry?
It doesn't affect the cabinet refacing at all. However, we do recommend that the new countertop be installed before the cabinets are refaced. This way, when we reface your cabinets, we can fix any cabinet damage tht may have occurred when the countertop was installed.
We love our countertop and do not intend to replace it. How does that affect refacing the cabinetry?
That's perfect...it won't affect the refacing of your cabinets at all. We'll work with the existing countertop and three days after we start, you'll have what looks to be a brand new kitchen.
Some of our cabinets have structural damage; can that be fixed?
Yes, but it depends on the nature of the damage. If the cost of the repairs exceeds the price of a new cabinet, we will recommend replacing that cabinet instead.
Can you reface other cabinets outside kitchen and bathroom cabinetry?
Definitely! We can reface nearly any cabinetry regardless where they may be located. Cabinetry is our craft and we are comfortable refacing cabinets anywhere it could help beaufify your home.
We would like to have an island installed in our kitchen from new cabinetry, but we would like to save money by refacing the rest of the kitchen to match...is that possible?
Of course, this is a great way to save money! Our expert designers will come in and help you design the kitchen island that you are looking for. We will also ensure that the cabinet refacing is consistent with the new cabinetry so it looks like the island was always meant to be there...no one will ever know.
How long will refacing last?
Several factors play a role in how long your refacing will last: temperature, humidity, and general wear and tear are all common considerations. However, as a general rule, the underlying cabinetry will probably deteriorate before the refacing will. Refacing should add a minimum of 7 to 10 years of life to your cabinetry, and in many instances we've seen it add more.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of Rigid Thermofoil compared to wood products?
Advantages of Rigid Thermofoil (Harmony Series):
Disadvantages of Rigid Thermofoil (Harmony Series):
Advantages of Wood Refacing (Signature Series):
Disadvantages of Wood Refacing (Signature Series):
- Extremely water and fade resistant
- Easy to clean with household cleaners like standard 409® or Windex®
- Approximately 30% less that the price of refacing with real wood
- Care should be taken to keep high heat from coming in contact with Rigid Thermofoil
- Although it looks like real wood, it's not
- It's REAL WOOD & is available in many different wood species
- More beautiful colors to choose from plus options for painted and glazed finishes
- More detailed & decorative door styles to select from
- Over time, the natural tannins in the wood will darken. Some would consider this a "disadvantage" but we believe this only enhances the natural beauty of real wood
- Periodic applications of wood cleaners and conditioners are necessary